Countercombo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video gaming,general topics, and awesome posts about Marcus he wished he could see

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Methos
Admin
Methos

Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor Empty
PostSubject: Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor   Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:43 pm

NG3 vanilla was not a Ninja Gaiden game, I think anyone a fan of the series that played that wretched piece of shit will bow their heads in agreement. If any one game can be used to display the negatives that making a game appeal to casuals presents, it would firmly be NG3. The game was too easy, which was a slap to the face of series fans who prided themselves on the off-putting challenge the games presented. It locked you to one single weapon, when the series had until then been known for its multiple weapons to master, its combo system was broken due to retarded design choices such as the steel on bone mechanic that made every fight a horrid QTE parade, and the lists goes on. So when I heard that a new reworked Razor Edition was being created as a Wii U launch title, my interest was peaked and I was very interested to see if Tecmo actually could polish its turd. Now that the Razor edition is on the PS3, the question is: Did Tecmo polish its turd?

First things first, man did they ever boast up the difficulty. This game is fucking hard as nails. In fact I say that Tecmo might of over did it, because even on normal, the game is harder than the past ones on Master Difficulty. Its almost as if Tecmo said fuck you to the whiners that complained about how NG3 was, and said here have at it then. Its cool though, I am always up to a challenge.

Next up is the gameplay, thankfully the Stell on Bone mechanic was retooled so now its just a simple button press, and it flows much smoother. Even better, they revamped the combo tree and now made it so that you have to purchase new moves, a feature sorely missing from the vanilla version. On top of that, all the old favorite weapons such as the Claws, Lunar Staff, and the Scythe have returned. Hulahuah!!!!

On top of that Tecmo saw fit to add in the OTs, dismemberment, decapitations, and all the other bloody carnage we last saw on the XB360 version of NG2 but which they in all their retarded splendor removed from NG2S on the PS3 and NG3. Now every fight becomes a sticky red visceral display of broken bodies, flying arms, split torsos, and all the gore you could want. Hell enough pints of blood are thrown around here, to make Ed Boon stand up and take notice.

The game isn't perfect, the camera can still be a bitch at times, but overall it is one damn fine overhaul and unlike vanilla NG3, the Razor edition can proudly call itself a true NG game even if a bit off from past quality.
Back to top Go down
https://countercombo.forumotion.com
darkragnorok

darkragnorok

PostSubject: Re: Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor   Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:11 am

I have seen you play it the last couple of days and good to hear that its an improvement. I played the demo and liked it even though I never finished it
Back to top Go down
LuxAeterna

LuxAeterna

PostSubject: Re: Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor   Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:31 am

I agree with most of that although the easy mode is still there for casuals ( you literally can't die ). Everyone wins now. Seriously though , shit like only 1 weapon and ninpo was beyond casualization and just retardation. Tecmo was basically saying casual gamers wouldn't understand switching weapons lol, something that takes one button
Back to top Go down
ex-killak

PostSubject: Re: Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor   Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:09 pm

now i don't feel so bad for getting creamed on normal,  on a boss fight that didn't make me blink an eye on the vanilla version.

*rests easy*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor   Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor Empty

Back to top Go down

Can one polish a Turd: My look at NG3 Razor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Countercombo :: General Gaming-
Jump to: