Countercombo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video gaming,general topics, and awesome posts about Marcus he wished he could see

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Methos
Admin
Methos

Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch.. Empty
PostSubject: Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch..   Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch.. EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Sorry I haven't been around more, School is eating up all my time now since I am in overhaul mode. Managed to score 22 credits in five months so far while getting a 3.5 GPA and I still have six credits and a month to go, its nice to be able to push this hard while getting high marks in all classes, but its hard damn work. I am pretty much doing a entire year's worth of classes in six months. But I should be finish with all current finals and papers sometime next week and then go down to only 2 classes till Aug, so things should slow down soon.

But that said, I have went ahead a purchased both the Xbox One and the PS4, and paid them off in full. Game wise I bought Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Crimson dragon, and Dead Rising 3 as far as exclusive go. Honestly not really sure what launch exclusives I will get for the PS4, since really none of them are worth a damn. Say what you will, but the Xbox One clearly has a better launch line-up. The PS4 has KZ which sucks as a series, Driveclub which was a mess at the E3, and some no name platforming series, which might be good but I have to wait for reviews on it.

This versus the new king of racing games, goddamn retro fan fave Killer Instinct, a new Panzer Dragoon title, and Dead Rising 3. I get excited about games Sony, not specs. This is starting to look like the Vita all over again. Only PS4 game I have reserved so far is Destiny. In hope they announce something better soon.

Its funny that people keep arguing that MS is making a mess of its launch, are they not looking at the game's situation? Who cares about specs and policies, those are things that have not ,and will never put cash on a counter because its games that do that and right now the PS4 is looking anemic at best in that regard. Personally I think Sony is fucking up its launch by not having stronger launch titles, word of mouth goes a long way, and they will have to deliver at launch to maintain any buzz they have. A weak-sauce launch line-up is not the way to do that, as Nintendo can testify to.

I think too many getting quite up in the drama of the console launch media wars, and not really logically and intelligently looking at the overall situation. Has MS screwed up? Yes no doubt, but they are working to fix their issues. I think it funny people state they cannot trust MS now yet they believe that they can place their trust in a company that stripped promised feature after feature from their console last gen and when consumers complained, said company pretty much told them to go fuck themselves. At least MS listens to their consumer-base and doesn't just treat them as nuisances to be ignored.

I just do not understand the denial of intelligence that is on display with this launch and the inability to look at both with critical cognizant eyes. Are people really this caught up in the fanboyism of Post-Modernism societal bandwagon group psychosis that the are just blinded to the realities of the situation revolving around this launch? It really seems so.
Back to top Go down
https://countercombo.forumotion.com
Methos
Admin
Methos

Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch..   Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm

On the subject of MS I do have a little bit of an peevish diatribe to expound upon. And that is the subject of the Kinnect, MS, and the supposed "spying" that the XBox One could in theory deliver into one's living room. I wonder how many of those complaining about it and raging against MS are fans of Obama, you know the president that gave us the PRISM framework that MS is a part of and who now stands accused of the most blatant disregard of not just American rights in regards to spying, but also the rights of the global community since he now stands accused of spying on the private citizens of England, Germany, France, etc. I would find it amazingly idiotic and hypocritical if these same people raging on about MS, were fans of the President now intertwined in the largest Spying scandal in US history.
Back to top Go down
https://countercombo.forumotion.com

Current update, list your next gen haul so far, and musings on this launch..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Countercombo :: The Next Level :: The Next Level-
Jump to: