Countercombo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video gaming,general topics, and awesome posts about Marcus he wished he could see

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Methos
Admin
Methos

The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Still playing it, so I'll just hit a few keynotes one.

The character creation is very nice, tons of options in most cases and you can create some really nice looking characters. Only issue I have is lack of facial hair options and every character has that weird Japanese Feminine look to them. Because of this, my character sorta of looks like Leonardo DiCaprio from Gangs of New York.

Graphics are stunning in places, the game is never bad looking, about on par with FF13-2, but some areas are better than others.

The music is godly, some of the best FF stuff ever.

Combat is basic spamming at low levels it seems, I am a pugilist and I just span attacks
Back to top Go down
https://countercombo.forumotion.com
ex-killak

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:07 pm

can you snap some photos to show exactly what you're talking about in your posts?

That'd give the topic some real 'oomph'
Back to top Go down
Methos
Admin
Methos

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Will do next weekend, the Beta is down till Friday
Back to top Go down
ex-killak

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Nice.  Looking forward to it.

It'll make for a really interesting topic if you can discuss your findings,  and show us as well.
Back to top Go down
Methos
Admin
Methos

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm

The game seems to be pretty complete as is, it a hell of a lot of fun and I haven't noticed any real issues gameplay wise, I would go so far as to say that the final version will probably be the biggest thing released on the PS3 this year. I can see RPG fans sinking months into it, its that damn good.

The main issue right now is that some quest-lines are broken in the sense that they can only be done by one person at a time, so you see long lines at NPCs and so forth of people waiting for their turn to get into the quest. Its pretty damn funny, its like waiting for a ride at a theme park. That SE needs to desperately fix, you can no shit be waiting in a line for 2-3 hours just to get into a mandatory main quest that needs to be completed to progress. I also think that a better targeting system needs to be used, it works for the most part but seems to go to hell during the FATES. 

Some little things I do not like is the fact that it seems that you really never find any weapons or armors in your travel, most seem confined to the markets or crafting. It would be nice to get some nice drop from killing a FATE or something. 

Unlike FF11, it really doesn't seem as you need to play in groups, the game seems more set-up towards Solo play, at least at the below 30 Level threshold. I also do not like the fact that unlike FF11, when you die their is no period of time when a passerby could use Raise to bring you back, you just die and go back to your homepoint. On the flipside though, you lose no exp this time, so that is nice.

I am playing a level 15 pugilist right now, and I so far really like that class. Lots of good damge dealing, and I can solo pretty much everything. But changing Jobs is easy, just get to level 10, do your main class guild quest, and once that is completed you can change to any job you want.

On graphics, the game is a eyesore at night, but amazing looking (for a MMO) during the day. Lots of really nice landscapes to travel through.

You can also pretty much go anywhere. In FF11 this was a pain in the ass because enemies would see you and go aggro on you and chase you around, here most leave you alone unless you choose to engage them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!   The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Fantasy 14 Beta test thread!!!
Page 1 of 1